Phuket is a great destination for beach weddings. As a guest, you will likley enjoy the ceremony and after parties! However, while attending these wedding ceremonies you should also considersome of the etiquettes to display respect for the couple. Follow our wedding etiquettes guide to ensure an enjoyable wedding and that you do not do anything that may offend the bride or groom!
- As soon as you receive your wedding invitation as a guest you must respond to the couple if you will attend or not so that they will give you reservation and will expect you to attend even if you are not.
- If are invited to the wedding ceremony and you have the role in there, don’t just attend directly to the reception. The wedding ceremony is the most important part of the wedding day so the guest must make the effort to attend the ceremony.
- After you receive the invitation there is suggested attire written from the invitation. You must wear the proper attire and style of the dress that you need to wear. If you are not sure of the dress code you can ask some close family members and even bridesmaid so that you will be informed of what style to wear.
- You as a guest must attend the wedding ceremony on time. As one of the wedding tips if you are late you must enter the venue quietly without causing any distraction sounds. Sit to your assigned table when you are in the reception area.
- If you are invited but will not attend the wedding you must send gifts to the couple as the etiquette dictates that this is the right thing to do.
Don’ts of a Guest:
- One of the wedding tips is that you must not come with uninvited guest because it is for sure can ruin the number of chairs that are prepared by the couples. Don’t think that your kids are welcome. You can see from your invitation if how many chairs that are being reserved for you so you know who will just attend.
- Do not dress that seems that you are competing with the bride or to anyone in the wedding. You must be simple take note that this is neither your day nor your event.
- Don’t disrespect the religion of the couple. Pay attention and show respect when the ritual or ceremony is on-going.
- Don’t brag your own incoming wedding. This is not the right time to bring it as a topic. You just wait until your wedding day has come.
- Don’t use your mobile phone and even make phone call during the wedding ceremony or in the reception.
Don’t leave the reception until the cake is cut by the couple. After the cake has been cut it is the sign that you can leave if you want to.